Rechemari In Service Anul Acesta

Generalitati vis-a-vis de automobilele Mitsubishi
Scrie răspuns
Vasea
EVO V

Mesaj de Vasea » Mar Mar 13, 2018 7:07 pm

Mercedes cheamă în service peste 1.700 de mașini în România: posibile defecțiuni electrice care pot declanșa airbagul șoferului

http://www.automarket.ro/stiri/mercedes ... 83341.html

Mercedes a anunțat că mai multe dintre modelele sale din segmentele compact și mediu vor fi chemate în service în România pentru defecțiuni electrice care pot duce la deschiderea airbagului șoferului.

Mercedes a trimis o notificare către Autoritatea Națională pentru Protecția Consumatorilor potrivit căreia va desfășura o campanie de chemare în service pentru peste 1.700 de mașini din România.

Motivul este reprezentat de o posibilă defecțiune electrică a coloanei de direcție care ar putea duce la o declanșare a airbagului șoferului.

Descrierea problemei arată în felul următor: “În cadrul monitorizării globale a produselor, Daimler AG a constatat faptul că este posibil ca legarea la masă din punct de vedere electric a coloanei de direcție să nu corespundă specificațiilor. În cazul unei descărcări electro-statice combinată cu o eventuală avariere a contactelor din cadrul modulului de cuplare a tubului coloanei de direcție, s-ar putea ajunge la o declanșare nejustificată a airbagului șoferului. O eventuală problemă prezentă la contactele din modulul de cuplare tub coloană direcție îi este afișată șoferului înaintea unei declanșări nejustificate a airbagului de șofer, printr-un mesaj de avertizare cu privire la airbag în bord, prin intermediul martor airbag de culoare roșie.”

Cele 1.721 de autovehicule afectate în România sunt Clasa A (model 176), Clasa B (modele 242 și 246), CLA (model 117), GLA (model 156), Clasa C (model 205) și GLC (model 253).

Lista seriilor modelelor rechemate poate fi consultată aici.

Potrivit Mercedes, costurile acestei campanii vor fi suportate de Daimler AG. Clienții vor fi informați prin scrisori recomandate, cu solicitarea de a se prezenta la cel mai apropiat atelier de reparații autorizat Mercedes.

Via ANPC

Vasea
EVO V

Mesaj de Vasea » Mie Mar 14, 2018 9:27 pm

After Steering Wheels Came Loose, Ford Recalls 1.4 Million Cars

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/03/steer ... lion-cars/

Certain Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ vehicles are being recalled by the Michigan-based automaker across North America, as their steering wheels could come loose.

According to the company, 1,378,637 cars are being recalled, including 1,301,986 in the United States and federalized territories, 62,479 in Canada and 14,172 in Mexico.

The numbers include 2014-2017 Ford Fusions built at Flat Rock from August 6, 2013, to February 29, and the 2014-2018 Fusions and Lincoln MKZs assembled at Hermosillo, between July 25, 2013, and March 5, 2018.

“In the affected vehicles, the steering wheel bolt may not maintain torque, allowing the bolt to loosen over time”, says the automaker. “If not serviced, a steering wheel could potentially detach, and lead to a loss of steering control and increased risk of a crash.”

Ford is actually aware of two accidents in which the steering wheel was detached. In one case, the company refers to “injury allegedly related to this condition”.

As for the recall process, owners will be notified over the next few weeks, and dealers will replace the steering wheel bolt with a longer one, free of charge.

A report from USA Today says that more than 45 complaints were logged with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) alleging that the steering wheel became loose. The news site listed 10 (condensed) complaints from Fusion owners:

1. Incident report: “While driving on interstate, steering wheel came loose and car veered off interstate. I regained control but steering wheel is still loose. Repairs will cost beyond my means at this moment.”

Date: Feb. 22, 2018
Reported: March 13, 2018

2.Incident report: “My 2014 Ford Fusion steering wheel became unstable and I drifted into a manhole in the street. And totaled my car.”

Date: Sept. 22, 2017
Reported: Nov. 1, 2017

3.Incident report: “While entering the vehicle, knee bumped the steering wheel and the steering wheel became detached.”

Date: March 5, 2018
Reported: March 6, 2018

4. Incident report: “While driving approximately 55 mph, the steering wheel detached from the steering column. Was able to re-attach the steering wheel. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that a bolt screw needed to be replaced.”

Date: Jan. 15, 2018
Reported: Jan. 19, 2018

5. Incident report: “My steering wheel has become very loose and feels like it’s going to fall off. I have video for proof.”

Date: Dec. 27, 2017
Reported: Dec. 29, 2017

6. Incident report: “I was driving in a parking lot in Scranton, Pa., and the steering wheel came so loose that it almost came right off. It scared me to the point where I did not want to drive my car.”

Date: Dec. 1, 2017
Reported: Dec. 4, 2017

7. Incident report: “While driving, the steering wheel started to loosen. It almost felt like it was going to come off. I was traveling on I-94 from Milwaukee to the Chicago area, so it was flat road, good conditions. I dropped my speed to 55 as I was afraid to go the posted 70 mph with the steering wheel as it was. When I got home I had it towed to the dealer and they said the bolt inside the steering column was loose. They fixed it.”

Date: Nov. 28, 2017
Reported: Nov. 29, 2017

8. Incident report: “While driving approximately 55 mph, the steering wheel turned 360 degrees independently without warning. In addition, the steering wheel detached from the vehicle.”

Date: Nov. 24, 2017
Reported: Nov. 27, 2017

9. Incident report: “I was driving earlier this year, traveling down the interstate at 70 mph when my steering wheel came completely loose. I was able to get pulled over with no damage, but did have to get it to a dealership to have the steering wheel put back on properly.”

Date: May 20, 2017
Reported: Oct. 30, 2017

10. Incident report: “The steering became a little wobbly over the past two weeks and on Saturday while driving to Athens, I went to turn in gas station and the steering wheel fell off in my lap. My insurance agent happened to be riding in the dark when it happened as was my grandson. I have at least six other witnesses.”

Date: Sept. 23, 2017
Reported: Sept. 25, 2017

Second recall involves a fire risk

In a second safety campaign, Ford is calling back 2013-2016 Focus and 2013-2015 Fusion cars, with the 1.0-liter Fox GTDI engine and B6 manual transmission, for possible fire risk. The former were put together at Michigan, between July 21, 2014 and June 30, 2016, and the latter were produced at Hermosillo from March 9, 2012 and June 28, 2014.

The recall includes 5,872 units across North America, whose clutch plates could fracture. “Repeated high-energy clutch slip input, made while a driver changes gears, can lead to premature clutch lining wear, reducing the mechanical properties of pressure plate material”, explains Ford. “Repeated cyclic heating and cooling events may cause crash around the outer edge of the pressure plate.”

In extreme cases, the transmission fluid could leak, and in the presence of an ignition source, the engine bay could catch fire, although the company is not aware with any accidents or injuries related to this issue.

An exact notification schedule hasn’t been announced for this recall, but after scheduling an appointment with an authorized dealer, technicians will do the necessary repairs/replacements, at no cost to customers.

In the case of the Focus vehicles, these will be updated with a software that detects and prevents prolonged clutch slip, and get new clutches if necessary, while the Fusions will get new clutch assemblies.

Vasea
EVO V

Mesaj de Vasea » Vin Mar 16, 2018 8:46 pm

Ram recalls older 1500 models over sagging fuel tanks

https://www.leftlanenews.com/ram-recall ... 00110.html

The recall covers vehicles located in 20 "salt-belt" states.

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is recalling more than a quarter-million pickup truck models located in the so-called "salt-belt" to address a defect that could cause the vehicles' fuel tanks to sag.

The recall covers 2009-2012 Ram 1500 pickup truck models located in 20 states that routinely use salt to treat snow-covered roads. Those states include Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Wisconsin and West Virginia. Vehicles registered in the District of Columbia are also covered by the recall.

According to FCA, over time salt could corrode one of the 1500's fuel tank brackets, causing the tank to sag. FCA says there are other structural components that would prevent the tank from completely separating from the vehicle.

So far no injuries or accidents have been linked to the defect. FCA has not been made aware of any cases involving a fuel leak or a fire, either. Dealers will remedy the faulty bracket free of charge.

The recall covers a total of 270,254 Ram 1500 models located in the United States. The safety campaign also covers 26,676 1500 models in Canada, 1,063 in Mexico and 5,269 trucks outside of the NAFTA region.

Vasea
EVO V

Mesaj de Vasea » Lun Mar 19, 2018 6:18 am

Ram’s Recalling 300,000 Trucks To Keep The Fuel Tank From Falling Off

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/03/rams- ... lling-off/

Do you drive an older Ram 1500 pickup, and live in a state where road crews scatter salt on the road to melt the ice? Then you might be asked to bring your truck into your local dealer to undergo preventative repairs.

According to notices issued by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the bracket that helps hold the fuel tank in place on some older Ram 1500s could corrode due to salt on the road. If that happens, the plastic tank could sag out of position.

The manufacturer is confident that “the remaining structural components” would keep the fuel tank – made from high-density polyethylene – from falling off entirely. But just to be safe, it’s recalling an estimated over 300,000 of those pickups to have additional fuel-tank bracket reinforcement bolted to the frame.

The recall is restricted to 2009-12 models of the Ram 1500, and only in certain “salt-belt” states: namely Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin and the District of Columbia. Those amount to an estimated 270,254 vehicles.

In addition to those in the United States, another 26,676 units of the same will be recalled in Canada for the same issue, along with 1,063 in Mexico and 5,269 outside of North America. Trucks made before 2009 or after 2012 are exempt from this particular campaign. As are those that have never been registered in areas where they use salt on the road.

The recall is slated to kick off on April 27, 2018. But in the meantime, drivers should pay attention to any unusual noises and check to see if there’s anything hanging from the undercarriage that looks out of place.

Vasea
EVO V

Mesaj de Vasea » Mie Mar 28, 2018 8:39 pm

Mercedes Is Recalling Most GLC Crossovers To Fix The Rear Seat Belts

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/03/merce ... eat-belts/

Of all the safety systems that automakers put into their vehicles, the seat belt is arguably the most essential. But they may not be working properly on some Mercedes crossovers. So the manufacturer is recalling over 120,000 of them in the United States.

The problem, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, is that the buckles may retract into the interior paneling on the outboard rear seats. That would make them rather hard to fasten, rendering them essentially useless.

The issue was found to affect GLC crossovers from the 2016 through 2019 model years. They include the GLC300 and GLC300 4Matic, the GLC350e hybrid, and both the AMG GLC43 and GLC63. They’ll need to be brought in to have a buffer installed in the C-pillar to keep the buckles in place and accessible. All told, Mercedes-Benz calculates there are 121,861 of them in the United States.

The automaker introduced the GLC in 2015 as the replacement for the previous GLK. It serves as the crossover counterpart to the C-Class sedan, wagon, coupe, and convertible. The recall does not appear to affect the GLC Coupe version, which has a different C-pillar design to support its sloped roof. But considering that Daimler sells fewer than 50,000 GLC crossovers here each year, the recall would ostensibly affect the vast majority of them.

Along with the compact crossovers, Mercedes is also recalling a handful of E-Class models to readjust their LED headlights. All of 28 examples of the 2017 model – including E300, E300 4Matic, and AMG E43 variants – are included.

Vasea
EVO V

Mesaj de Vasea » Vin Mar 30, 2018 6:50 am

Tesla Model S steering defect prompts recall for 123K vehicles

https://www.leftlanenews.com/tesla-mode ... 00208.html

Excessive corrosion in powers steering bolts can make the car more difficult to maneuver at low speeds.

Tesla has apparently issued its largest recall ever, addressing a steering system defect in Model S sedans built before April 2016.

The company sent a notification to owners warning that certain power steering bolts are prone to excessive corrosion and eventual failure. Unsurprisingly, the issue is said to be concentrated in snowy regions that expose vehicles to road salt containing more corrosive additives such as magnesium chloride.

"This primarily makes the car harder to drive at low speeds and for parallel parking, but does not materially affect control at high speed, where only small steering wheel force is needed," the notice explained.

The California-based company is not handling the defect as a regional rust-belt repair campaign, instead promising repairs for the entire fleet of more than 120,000 vehicles globally.

"There have been no injuries or accidents due to this component, despite accumulating more than a billion miles of driving," Tesla said in its notification.

=======

Toyota Recalls 2018 Camry Over Having Larger Pistons In Its Engine!

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/03/toyot ... ns-engine/

Toyota is conducting a safety campaign in the United States that affects certain 2018MY Camry vehicles, for a rather unusual problem.

As revealed by the carmaker, the engines could have been equipped with pistons larger in diameter than the original specification.

This was an assembly error that could cause the cars to run rough, emit smoke from the exhaust and create an abnormal sound. Moreover, drivers will get warning lights and messages and a reduction in power, too. In extreme cases, the affected Camrys could stall, which would increase the risk of a crash.

How many cars will be taken back?

There are 1,730 units of the 2018 Camry in the USA included in this recall, and all owners will be notified by the company, via first class mail, by late May, and advised to schedule an appointment with an authorized dealer.

Watch: The new Toyota Camry is as reliable as ever, but now offers a spirited drive as well

A new engine will do the trick

Subsequently, technicians will check the production date code of the pistons in the engine, and if the aforementioned parts are found, then they will replace the engine completely with a new one. All work will be done at no cost to customers.

The eighth generation Toyota Camry has been on sale since mid-2017. It’s offered in seven grades for the gasoline-powered models, and four trim levels for the Hybrid. Pricing starts at $23,495 and stretches all the way up to $34,950 for the XSE V6.

Vasea
EVO V

Mesaj de Vasea » Sâm Mar 31, 2018 7:39 am

Polaris recalls Slingshot to prevent seat, belt failures

https://www.leftlanenews.com/polaris-re ... 00213.html

The seat belt and seat anchoring bracket may have been improperly welded during production.

Polaris has issued a recall for the 2015-2018 Slingshot after discovering a problem with the seat assembly.

A bracket anchoring the seat belt and seat back may have been improperly welded and variations during assembly can prevent proper latching of the seat slider.

"If the seat slides unexpectedly, this may increase the risk of a loss of control or the risk of injury in the event of a crash," the company warns. "If the seat belt buckle and seat back dislodge from the seat base, this may increase the risk of injury in the event of a crash."

It is unclear if the issue is related to an NHTSA investigation involving fatal accident last year. A driver was ejected and killed after losing control and sliding sideways into oncoming traffic. The Slingshot's seatbelt retractor had shattered, allowing the belt to release during the crash.

The recall campaign affects around 24,000 vehicles sold in the US.

Vasea
EVO V

Mesaj de Vasea » Dum Apr 01, 2018 7:23 am

Pagani recalls Huayra over battery issue

https://www.leftlanenews.com/pagani-rec ... 00218.html

16 cars are affected by the problem.

Being a small, niche auto-maker doesn't make Pagani exempt from recalls. The Italian company has issued a recall that applies to every single example of the Huayra registered in America.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) explains the battery management software can prevent the battery from providing enough power to start the car or keep it running at idle. This increases the risk of an engine stall, which in turn increases the risk of a crash, especially if the 12-cylinder shuts off at high speeds.

Pagani hasn't explained the precise cause of the issue yet. All we know is that the company will replace the battery with one that has a new management software. The repair will, of course, be free of charge.

The recall affects the entire production run of American-spec cars, which includes 16 cars. Pagani will contact its owners when the parts are ready and make arrangements to perform the repairs.

Vasea
EVO V

Mesaj de Vasea » Vin Apr 06, 2018 8:07 pm

Mitsubishi recalls 86,620 Outlander cars in Russia: watchdog

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/bu ... g-10110920

Russia's standards agency Rosstandart said on Friday it has been informed about the recall of 86,620 Mitsubishi Motors Corp Outlander cars sold in Russia from February 2007 to June 2012.

MOSCOW: Russia's standards agency Rosstandart said on Friday it has been informed about the recall of 86,620 Mitsubishi Motors Corp Outlander cars sold in Russia from February 2007 to June 2012.

The Japanese automaker is recalling the vehicles to replace front airbags on the driver's side, Rosstandart said in a statement on its website.

(Reporting by Maria Kiselyova)
Source: Reuters

Vasea
EVO V

Mesaj de Vasea » Sâm Apr 07, 2018 7:30 am

Ford Recalls Almost 350,000 Vehicles Because They Could Roll Away

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/04/ford- ... roll-away/

If you happen to own a 2018 Ford F-150 or Expedition with a 10-speed auto, or a F-650 and F-750 with a six-speed auto, then you may want to contact the automaker, as there’s a recall involving your ride.

According to the Michigan-based company, the “clip that locks the gearshift cable to the transmission may not be fully seated”, so the gear state selected by the driver might actually be in a different position.

Users could also think that they have shifted into ‘park’, when it’s actually in gear, and would be able to remove the ignition key without getting a warning chime. This is a concern because if the parking brake is not applied, then the vehicle could rollaway, increasing the risk of injury or crash.

Ford hasn’t announced when owners will be notified, but they have advised dealers to “inspect and verify that the shift cable locking clip was properly installed”, and to adjust it and secure the locking clip where it needs to be done.

Affected vehicles include:

2018 Ford F-150 vehicles built at Dearborn Assembly Plant, Jan. 5, 2017 to Feb. 16, 2018
2018 Ford F-150 vehicles built at Kansas City Assembly Plant, Jan. 25, 2017 to Feb. 16, 2018
2018 Ford Expedition vehicles built at Kentucky Truck Plant, April 3, 2017 to Jan. 30, 2018
2018 Ford F-650 and F-750 vehicles built at Ohio Assembly Plant, April 25, 2017 to March 9, 2018

Overall, this recall involves 347,425 vehicles in North America, with 292,909 in the United States and federalized territories, 51,742 in Canada and 2,774 in Mexico.

But wait, there’s more

A second safety campaign is being conducted by the company, which covers 161 units of the 2017-2018 Ford F-150, 2018 Expedition, 2018 Mustang and 2018 Lincoln Navigator, equipped with the ten-speed automatic gearbox.

In this case, the vehicles may lose their ‘park’ function due to a “potentially missing roll pin that attaches the park pawl rod guide cup to the transmission case”. Just like in the previous scenario, this issue could allow drivers to remove the ignition key and not get a warning chime.

Owners should hear from Ford soon, and the fix will see technicians install the roll pin, if required, free of charge.

Scrie răspuns

Înapoi la “Generalitati”